Monday 11 April 2016

Welcome!



Welcome to my first post as an intolerant vegetarian. It's lovely to meet you!

Before we go any further, I want to make one thing clear. I am generally not an intolerant person. I like to think I get on well with most people, even those who irritate or bore the pants off me.

My digestive system, on the other hand, has other ideas.

Four years ago, I developed a mildly frustrating intolerance to lactose, thus rendering me unable to eat any of the best foods - cheese, ice cream, yogurt, milk chocolate... did I mention cheese?? Having been vegetarian since I was nine, this development was fairly inconvenient, but I could live with the alternatives - soya-based 'dairy' foods, and the amazing Lactofree range. After some grumbling, I got down to experimenting, and I worked out ways to change my diet with minimal hassle (don't get me started on eating out with a lactose intolerance, it's late at night and I don't want to get angry, but this will definitely be something we come back to in this blog!). And if nothing else, at least I still had bread, right?!

Wrong. Two months ago, I realised the reason I felt so tired, bloated, and generally unwell was because I also have a gluten intolerance.

Bummer.

So, I've spent the last couple of months playing in the kitchen, scouring the internet for recipes, and trying to find as many different (culinary) uses as I could for an aubergine. More on that I'm sure...

I think the time has come for me to share some of my thoughts and experiences with the world, so here is my new blog. Please enjoy reading, and don't forget to share your comments with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment